Friday, May 13, 2011

Sorta Clean Diet

In the week after the race, I rewarded myself by taking the week off to recover and ice and eat as much junk food at I could lay my hands on. Ice cream, pizza, diet coke, peanut M&Ms. Last week, while celebrating Eileen's 28 and 12/12ths birthday, it was decided that a cleanse of sorts was needed. Eileen sent over a link to the Clean Diet and it was decided that sorta clean was the way to go. It was both easier and cheaper. I am aiming to eat well 80% of the time and expect to cheat 20%. Here are some BLD recipes I started using.

Yogurt Parfait

1 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup blueberries
a drizzle of honey or agave
a handful of almonds and a lil granola.


Hummus Pita

Spread a lil hummus on a whole wheat pita
Handful of Spinach
Sliced Grilled Chicken
Tomatoes
Feta Cheese



Salmon Salad

Roasted Salmon, roasted in the oven on high with olive oil, S&P, lemon slices and rosemary
Blanched String Beans - boil 3 minutes, stop cooking in cold water
On a bed of Organic Greens put a serving of string beans and salmon and drizzle with a dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, S&P and whisk in a lil mustard

Roasted Mushrooms and Brown Rice
Roast Mushrooms under the broiler in with your salmon with olive oil and S&P
I went with minute rice nuked in the microwave
Chop the mushrooms and combine with the rice
Add some parmesan cheese, chopped basil and pine nuts (optional)


Roasted Pesto Salmon
Pesto: I mixed a small handful of basil, handful of parmesan cheese, handful of pinenuts and 1/4 of oil in the magic bullet. Lacking enough basil I substituted a handful of spinach leaves. Added a lil S&P and blend. Gave it a lil taste and the spinach made it super green and delicious.
I gave the salmon a lil olive oil and S&P and then spread the top with pesto. I put it under the broiler for about 20-25 minutes. It was about 1lb.

Zucchini Slaw
I peeled and then julienned green and summer squash and then boiled it in a pot of chicken stock with S&P and lil rosemary and thyme for about 3 minutes. I added a dressing of olive oil, S&P, lemon and mustard and added some roasted broccoli that I had salted, peppered, olive oiled and roasted under the broiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment