Friday, May 20, 2011

Chicken Apple Hash

Billy loves potatoes so whenever he goes shopping we end up with tons of potatoes in the house. So there I was with a ton of little red potatoes and white potatoes and I needed a way to use them. I decided to create a hash dish and once I was in the kitchen I found some green apples and decided to use those in it too.

I used
8 small white potatoes cut up into small 1 inch pieces
8 small red potatoes 1 inch pieces
3 small green apples 1 inch pieces
1/2 package ground chicken meat
1 red pepper 1 inch pieces
2 green peppers 1 inch pieces

I cooked the ground chicken in a lil pam with salt and pepper, removed on paper towels on a plate. Then I added a little EVOO and sauteed the peppers while I boiled the potatoes for 5-7 minutes then I added the apples for an additional 2 minutes, drained everything well and added it to the peppers, I added a little rosemary and thyme and got everything nice and brown and added back in the ground chicken with a lil bit of white wine and chicken stock. I let everything sit and get nice and melded for 10-15 minutes on simmer and served with ketchup. because everything is better with ketchup.

No comments:

Post a Comment