Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins


I've had some bananas going bad on the counter for awhile and I've been meaning to use them in PB banana muffins. I love anything peanut butter and banana - hence the smoothie in a previous post - it makes a great pre or post workout or on the go meal. I love making super healthy muffins to have around to take on the go. I have made Ellie Krieger's pumpkin pie muffins and apple walnut muffins - yum! So I used a slight variation on one of her recipes with peanut butter and banana. The muffins are in these awesome reuseable muffin cups from Crate and Barrel my cousin gave me - now these are no waste of money - they mean no spraying no lining muffin tins with wrappers just plop on a cookie sheet and pour in the muffins.

Recipe

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

In a medium bowl
2 cups whole wheat four
1/2 cup oats - can you tell i love oatmeal in everything I try to keep Billy healthy and kickin'
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

In a large bowl
3/4 firmly packed dark brown sugar
3 tbsp molasses - if you run out of molasses as I did I added a drizzle of maple syrup (like I said I tend to fly by the seat of my pant - not always good for baking but hey they taste good)
1/4 cup canola oil
add one egg
whisk

Add a second egg
whisk

1 mashed banana
melt 1/4 cup country crock spread and 1/4 cup peanut butter in micro about 30-45 seconds
pour in slowly while whisking

Add half the dry ingredients in between add 3/4 cup nonfat milk then other half dry

Add the mix to muffin cups or the re-useable cups like I had. I did spray just a bit of non stick spray. Tap on the counter and bake about 20 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Hey Karin,
    I saw this website and thought you might be interested in some of the recipes. They look delicious! http://naturallyella.com/

    Keep on TRIing! :)

    ReplyDelete