Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Morning Blueberry Pancakes

Blueberry Oat Pancakes

This recipe originally hails from Ellie Krieger's book Eat What You Crave but because I don't always have all the all the ingredients I made up this one this morning.

1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup instant oats
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
mix all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl

I melted 1/4 cup country crock spread in micro for 30 seconds
3/4 cups nonfat milk
1 tablespoon honey
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
stir together all wet ingredients in a large bowl

whisk the wet ingredients into the dry and stir like crazy. I always test the batter here to make sure it tastes up to snuff. Mix in blueberries. Batter is somewhat lumpy. I use a lil country crock on the griddle and laddle them on. Keep warm in 200 degree oven. Top with blueberries and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment