Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tough Tuesday Workouts Bootcamp (I hate Mt Climbers)

What you need: 2 sets of weights, mat and a step

Warmup: Run, Jack, Jump Rope, Squats, Lunges and stretch.

I am not sure where I came up with this workout but it was sweat producing and tough!

The Workout:
50 Side to Side Jumps on Step
50 Mt Climbers
10 in and out Abs
10 screamer lunges on L&R (lunge back step up on step with same leg)
10 burpees
10 in and out abs
10 screamer lunges each leg
10 burpees
10 lunges L&R with weights
toe taps on the step all the way around the step
4 punches, burpee
25 power squats
10 dive bomber push ups
20 squats
10 pushups, elbow to knee as you lower down
20 scissors - abs

repeat for a total of 3 rounds (I think we had to cut back the last round to fit in 50 minutes so go through as many rounds in the time you have.)

Sports Barre Review
I am not a huge fan of mt climbers - I think they are so tough!!! I recently did the Sports Barre Workout at Local Bar in Hoboken and they did a ton of mt climbers - my abs and legs were screaming. I loved the workout but those mt climbers - it was so HARD.  The instructor Corrine was incredibly motivating as I was pouring sweat out on my mat and I loved the added kicks and upper body work - I will definitely alternate between the 2 workouts of Open Barre and Sports Barre.  The Sports Barre workout was definitely sporty - pushups, kicks, squats - a great full body workout.  By the walk home I had burned over 400 calories which is pretty impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment