Friday, January 25, 2013

Baked Tilapia and Roasted Tomatoes!

Thanks to the Food Network Magazine for this delicious recipe that I tried a variation on last night and it was delicious and easy, which was good since it is cold in New York City and it's making me tired and cranky.

I had bought tilapia a few weeks ago and froze it and took it out yesterday morning to defrost.  I got home at 7:15 and dinner was done by 8 and much of it was baking time rather than cooking.

Here's how I did it:

Side Dish: Baby Brussel Sprouts and Roasted Potatoes
I love my brussel sprouts really cooked with a nice dark roast to them. So I put baby brussel sprouts that I'd rinsed in with yukon golds that I had quartered in a dish with cooking spray.  I put on a few tbsp of EVOO and some S&P and tossed.  I put in a 400 degree oven and about halfway gave it a toss. The originally recipe just said potatoes but I like to have a green at dinner.

The Tilapia & Roasted Tomatoes
For the fish I put cooking spray in a glass dish and added quartered cocktail tomatoes.  I added diced Kalamata olives that were pitted and added EVOO, S&P, and some dried thyme.  I gave it a toss. The recipe in the FN magazine called for capers and vinegar but since I am not a fan - I left it out.  I put them in to roast for 15 minutes and after pulled them out and put the fish on top. I brushed the fish with a mix of EVOO, S&P, champagne vinegar and dried thyme.  I let cook in the oven for 10 minutes. 

I layered the fish on the brussel sprouts and potatoes and served with the sauce from the roasted tomatoes on top. It was delicious and got winning reviews at our house! 

No comments:

Post a Comment