Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tough Tuesday (Wednesday) Workout #13: DC, Wed Sub & Bday Wkend

This weekend we enjoyed a whirlwind weekend trip to D.C. My first time ever in D.C. (I know - poor parenting).  We enjoyed our stay immensely, I was thrilled to explore the Spy Museum, the monuments and go for a run on the national gallery.  Unfortunately, it was freezing which meant I had to go to City Sports and by more running gear.  Oh NO! The horror.


Photo is courtesy of the internet.  I loved the Spy Museum but it was pouring down rain and I did not get a chance to take many pictures. It was also freezing cold. We had said we were going to go biking but just did not get the chance. We did do a lot of snacking in the car ride down, random eating and eating out at nice restaurants including Clyde's and Cafe Milano in Georgetown.  We were on total food overload. I felt horrible during our 5 mile run around the gallery.  However, by the time it was done, I felt great.  And I loved my new hot pink compression socks. Awesome!

So our food explosion continued when we came home and ordered pizza. Not a good way to start the week.  So Tuesday morning I woke feeling nauseous and slightly sick - all that time in the rain and running wasn't make me any healthier. So I when I went to the gym I used an old stand by - Tough Tuesday Workout #9 and held myself back so I wouldn't feel awful.  Worked like a charm, I was back in the saddle on Wednesday morning - literally - back in the Spinning cycle and by Wednesday evening had gone for a quick run and was back to sub Total Body Sculpt Wed Evening. All of this was at Sky Club in Hoboken (photo courtesy citistructure) and I was subbing for another amazing instructor.



Total Body Sculpt Workout

Warm Up
March - 16 ct
Run (butt kicks) 1 minute
Jacks 1 min
Run 30 seconds
Jump Rope 1 minute
Run 30 seconds
Walk it out 8 ct
Squats - 8
Lunges and Stretch the legs both sides, warm up the back and you're ready to party.

Circuit 1
Reverse lunge with light weights off the step - 20x right
Bicep Curl on one legl 15 times
Curtsy Squat Right off step 20 times
Lat Raise 15 times
2 sets: 10 squats with heavy weights - 10 pushups (your choice on style)
10 competition burpees - drop to floor instead of pushup

Left side same routine except instead of competition burpees roll up your mat and jump over back and forth 10x
1 more set of 10 squats and 10 pushups (so you have 50 total)

Circuit 2:
20 one legged rows, heavy weight, L&R
20 squats with heavy weight - one squat means going down, halfway up, down again all the way up
10 one legged rows, heavy weight, L&R
10 each side one legged squats, with overhead press, with or without weight
5  one legged rows, heavy weight, L&R
10  squats with light weight held overhead - one squat means going down, halfway up, down again all the way up
15 upright rows - elbows up!
15 plie squats

Circuit 3
20 crunches sitting on step - knees in and out - sit on sitbones
10 tricep dips
15 chest press
Stand up with one foot on end of step - 15 one legged lunges no weights
20 crunches sitting on step - knees in and out - sit on sitbones
10 tricep dips (want more of challenge - weight on your lap)
15 chest press
 Stand up with other foot on end of step - 15 one legged lunges no weights
10  crunches sitting on step - knees in and out - sit on sitbones

With heavy weight - side (oblique) crunches standing up.
Hold Plank 30 seconds.

Cool Down and stretch.

Awesome workout fit in just about 45-50 minutes. And a great way to make me feel good and fit in some weights mid week - I am trying to avoid too many weights at the end of the week and roll back on running as for my birthday weekend my friends and I are doing the NY Rock and Roll 10k (6.2) for my 32nd bday. Can't wait!!



No comments:

Post a Comment