Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tough Tuesday Workout (5/7/13): Shuttle Runs Plus Weekly Workouts & HOHA 5 miler

Last week ended up completely different from what I planned but great nonetheless. I've been pretty lousy about signing up for races.  Being somewhat low on cash and headed to Nashville on vacation, I've been waiting to sign up and see what I want to do.  I had thought about doing a Mother's Day duathlon this past weekend, but haven't been out on my bike enoughI also thought about the Newport 10K but the rain put me off (I know it shouldn't but since my running buddy got sick, I wasn't eager to go alone).  Well I headed to the gym Saturday (shockingly) and turns out some friends were running so I headed to the HOHA Sunday and it was great and my Ipod and I finished in 52 minutes, which was great!


What you need: two sets of weight - I had 8's and 15's, mat, bench and a mat, Gymboss or other timer

Warm Up - Jog, Jacks and Jump Rope, Wide Leg Pushups (3), Squats and Lunges  (about 20 of each) and Stretching.with band 




We ran across the gym the short way, so it looked like little shuttle runs
heavy weights at one end
2x back and forth sprints
down curl press
Repeat for 3x 15, 10, 5 of each exercise

shuffle low back and forth
alternating lunge 15, 10, 5 (add one more shuffle at end)

frog jump burpee and back peddle
pushups 15, 10, 5 toes or knees

Rest

50 on and 10 off

1. jump lunge
2. side to side burpee
3. Dive Bomber
4. one legged deadlift
5. 3 d pushup
6. one legged deadlift
7. tap knees
8. side lift R
9. side lift L
10 Dead lift

Repeat

Rest

30 seconds - squat in and out on the bench
Repeat other side
Repeat Taps for 10
2 pushups - downward dog for 3 sets

Abs
one minute plank. 

cool down & stretching

This took about 50-55 minutes (4 Round x 10 plus about 1 minute break plus abs and the warmup and cool down)


Remember to always check with a doctor before doing any exercise and to always keep on tri'n!


Weekly Workout Summary
I started my week on Tuesday after taking Monday off after we had run 10 + miles Sunday I was TIRED. Tuesday I did my morning weekly boot camp and I did a light 20 min jog before heading to the Shelter meeting at night

I was pretty sore the next day (Wednesday) during spinning but still did some swimming to get ready for tri season.

Thursday night I went for a quick run with the my running buddy since I got home late (again - repeat the same as last week! 
 

 Friday I taught spinning and did some weights and swimming.  And that night I did yoga at Sky Club.

On Saturday I went to Combat class at Sky Club and followed that up with a short run (about 25 minutes) and then went to Local Barre over the weekend and did the Sports Barre Class. 

On Sunday, I ran the HOHA with the Sky Club crew and kept a pretty good pace for me.  I was excited.  

I put together my weekly workout schedule for the spring/summer a few weeks ago to get ready for tri season and to finish up training for the half we planned to do and it's working out well. BUT

Then this week I found out the Half Marathon we'd planned to do was CANCELLED - super bummer.  We hadn't signed up since I was waiting for Uncle Sam to send over his contributions to race season but it was disappointing nononetheless, looking at a half in CT and then today I found out they cancelled my usual first race of the season in CT for tri season (Westport TargetTraining race). DISAPPOINTMENT AGAIN. I've looked into other options.  Fortunately the Hartford Marathon races for the summer are still a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment