Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Interval Challenge & Intermittment Illness

 This workout is from right before I left on vacation. So I never got around to posting it.  Then during vacation I came down with what I call - the "worst illness I've ever had."  There was a sore throat, horrific cough, runny nose, fever chills and more.  And we were in Nashville, supposed to be having a great time seeing live music, the Avett Brothers and more. Which we did.  But I was so sick. I was out of commission for a week and half, the longest I've taken off in years and it was a B*tch getting back into working out, especially when I ran a mile the Sunday of Memorial Day and nearly keeled over.

Me during my illness.



What you need: two sets of weight - I had 8's and 15's, mat, band, bench and a mat, Gymboss or other timer

Warm Up - Jog, Jacks and Jump Rope, Wide Leg Pushups (3), Squats and Lunges  (about 20 of each) and Stretching.with band and gymboss 50/10, 10 Rounds

 
Interval Challenge
50 on and 10 off

Jump Lunge
Squat Curl Press
Elevated Pushup
In and Out Jump
Scorpion Pushup
wood chopper R
wood chopper L
Side Planks R and L
Abs - in and out
one legged dead lift

(in second set, jump lunge become 3 jump lunge 2 knees then in last (third) set becomes 3 jump lunge and 3 mt climbers and in last set scorpion pushups becomes a dive bomber and one legged dead lift is 2 legged with a row)

4 min challenge
set up 2 weights about 3 feet apart
double step, high knees over weights, double step burpee, double step, high knees over weights, double step, go back (repeat for one minute)
Squat Kick Right
4 punches, 4 crosses (jumping jack with no arms)
Squat Kick Right

order
Interval Challenge 1
4 min Challenge
Interval Challenge 2
4 min Challenge
Interval Challenge 3
2 minute challenge
 2 minutes of 10 squats, 10 pushups, 5 plank with forearm to straight arm
1 minute plank hold


cool down & stretching

This took about 50-55 minutes (4 Round x 10 plus about 1 minute break plus abs and the warmup and cool down) 


And then there was this...
If you look in the background you can see the bottle of Jack Daniels from when we visited the distillery in TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment