Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tough Tuesday Workout Mar 5: 3 Workouts in 1

Back from vacation, well rested and eager to continue working out after spending a week doing early morning yoga, running and jumping in the ocean as well as surfing, paddle boarding and hiking. And also resting by the pool!

When I came back, I found some great packages waiting with my new gymboss timer and the ZCUT DVDs.  I put them as well as the ZWOW 57 I did while on vacation to use in this class so you could do this as one long workout or as 3 smaller workouts.

Warm Up
Light Cardio (Walk, Run, Jump Rope, Jacks), Squats and Lunges, Walk Out Pushups (3x) and stretching.

Workout #1
I took this from ZWOW 57 - Zuzka did it as a timed workout with specific numbers of reps - I used the interval approach with AMRAP since everyone in the class is at different levels. We did 2 sets of 10 intervals, 50 sec on 10 off.

Burpees
Jump Lunges
Push Ups
Mt Climbers
Air Squats



Workout #2
This was a dedicated # of reps style, 15, 9 and 6 reps of each exercise.

Lunge with back foot elevated on step weight in one hand and overhead press
Squat Front Raise
Switch Legs for Lunge
Plank Row
Tricep Press
Plank Row on other side
3x with 15, 9 and 6 reps in each set.

Workout # 3
We were running out of time but you could turn this into a bigger workout by repeating this through 2 or 3 times.

2 burpees
10 Air Squats
2 burpees
10 jump lunges
2 burpees
10 Air Squats or Tuck Jumps
2 burpees
10 jump lunges
2 burpees
 


Abs
Repeat 2x

10 in and out
Plank - drop knees for 10
10 bicycles
Side Plank - thread arm through 10 each side.

Cool Down

Enjoy and remember to keep on tri'n! Always consult a doctor before starting any exercise program.

Picture of us paddle boarding


2 comments:

  1. Hi karin, its patty...
    sorry I missed Tuesday...Ihave a pinched nerve in my neck which is causing me to have no muscle ability on my right side..I start physical therapy on Monday so hopefully they will clear me to come back...hope you had a great trip..

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can tell how often I check this out.

    ReplyDelete