Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quick Recipes for Guests

Last weekend, just after I ran the NYRR Mini 10K, Billy's parents swung by for a visit.  His parents didn't want us going to "any trouble" cooking, which was good because we went crazy trying to clean up.  All in all, it was a great day, we got a lot of necessary cleaning done around the house and we had a delicious dinner at Amanda's in Hoboken.  However, before we went out I made some quick appetizers and we had some wine from the wineries out East (on Long Island).  The appetizers were easy but tasty.

Easy Tomato Basil Skewers
I heated up the grill and bathed some skewers in water.  I loaded the skewers up with cherry tomatoes in different colors, mozzarella and basil and grilled them until the tomatoes just popped and mozzarella was oozy. We served it with balsamic vinegar and little salt and pepper.

Baked Brie
I took brie put it in a small pie plate, heated the oven to 350 degrees and covered the brie with canned pears, honey and toasted walnuts.  I baked it until that was oozy and served with crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment